CIHRS / RECRUTE
Organization: Cairo Institute for Human Rights Studies (CIHRS)
Location: Tunis, Tunisia
Position: Human Rights Education Associate
Unit: Human Rights Education
Starting Date: March 2021
Job Type: Full Time
Contract: One year (renewable)
Salary: Salaries are determined based on the employee’s position on the wage scale.
Are you looking to provide effective support to a well-known and respected regional NGO? Do you have the appropriate qualifications and experience in administration, event planning, and general office support that you wish to use to defend and promote Human Rights? Have you always wanted to use your professional assets to contribute to the development of a respected, principled and impactful organization?
This offer will be of interest to you. Please find below a description of the position and of its requirements.
Who we are:
CIHRS is a unique organization that has demonstrated its credibility in the field of human rights and democracy since its inception in 1993. During the many political storms that have come, passed, and remain ongoing throughout the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, CIHRS has repeatedly demonstrated its ability to stand above the politics of national interest groups. As a growing and increasingly influential organization, CIHRS remains resolutely committed to its core principles of respect for human rights and justice.
CIHRS and its partners from across the MENA region have contributed to numerous successful international advocacy initiatives. Among many achievements, these advocacy efforts have succeeded in pressuring national governments to modify or halt legislation that threatens freedom of assembly and association, and in mobilizing powerful international organizations such as the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) to take strong stances on repressive governments violating the basic rights of their citizens.
As a regional organization deeply embedded within the human rights movement in MENA, CIHRS both fosters strong connections with civil society organizations on the ground and effectively engages with major players in the international community. Through decades of activism, engagement and monitoring of regional and global politics, CIHRS has gradually increased its institutional capacity and international reach, largely through the establishment of CIHRS offices in Europe and North Africa. Given its strategic operational setup and broad range of partnerships across the world, CIHRS has a distinctive ability to connect local human rights violations in MENA to global security and stability concerns.
CIHRS advocates for human rights and democracy across the MENA region. Through the elevation of local voices, CIHRS contributes to the building of sustainable, prosperous, and peaceful societies.
To protect public space and advocate for democratic practices across the MENA region, CIHRS aims to engage and encourage interest-driven actors to respect human rights, justice and accountability.
The Human Rights Education Associate reports to the Human Rights Education Manager. He/she will have the responsibility of facilitating work flow within the program. His/her job includes providing administrative and logistic support for the program, managing and organizing events, and systematizing documentation and maintaining a thorough, up-to-date filing for the program. The Human Rights Education Associate must ensure the implementation of work plans and continuous development of programs, and coordinate and facilitate work between the program and CIHRS’ operational unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate all logistical arrangements of the Human Rights Education Program with the support of the CIHRS Administrative Team, including: travel, accommodations, translation, transportation;
- Coordinate logistics for training programs, including but not limited to: creating and sending invitations, monitoring reservations, arranging training room set-up, food and supplies arrangements, follow-up on registration and attendance;
- Prepare all materials and supplies and ensure venue and equipment are prepared, in coordination with relevant trainers and CIHRS Administrative Team;
- Act as the main contact person for participants, trainers, and relevant staff;
- Support implementing partners on logistical arrangements for training programs outside of Tunis;
- Develop a filing system to maintain the “program’s memory”, in coordination with the Human Rights Education Manager, and keep it up-to-date;
- Maintain a database of participants, trainers and relevant consultants;
- Manage budget and financial transactions for training programs in consultation with the financial and administrative departments;
- Help with drafting and editing technical and financial reports for both internal and external project stakeholders;
- Assist in training delivery when assigned;
- Document and share best practices for training programs in the Middle East and North Africa region;
- Support the development of training content (e.g. reviewing language, facilitating translation);
- Support the project’s monitoring and evaluation processes as needed;
- Study prices of goods and services in light of budgets, in consultation with the finance and administrative departments;
- Ensure payment of all financial obligations of the program in coordination with the financial and administrative departments;
- Make appointments, attend meetings, and take notes as needed;
- Perform other duties as needed.
A successful applicant should have or be able to demonstrate the following essential qualifications, knowledge & experience, and skills:
- A university degree;
- Excellent Arabic and English language skills, French is a plus;
- Experience working in similar positions is highly preferred;
- Experience in human rights issues is preferred;
- Experience working in adult learning and/or capacity building positions is preferred;
- Excellent communication skills, ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in writing and verbally, and to build and maintain relationships;
- Excellent organizational skills and experience in filing systems;
- Excellent ability to work as part of a team in a multicultural environment;
- Ability to work well under pressure, to adapt to emerging issues and changing priorities;
- Ability to work overtime on occasion, sometimes during weekends, as the need arises;
- Creative, diplomatic, and fantastic interpersonal skills,
- Strong computer skills in database administration and strong skills in Microsoft Office, particularly MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel is required.
- 1-year contract subjected to a 3-month probation period. Renewal subject to funding.
- Commencement: Immediate
- Working hours: Full time – 40 hours/week
- Based: Tunis, Tunisia
Commitment to Equality
CIHRS is committed to ensuring equality and non-discrimination on grounds of sex, race, religion or belief in its hiring process. CIHRS is a multicultural environment that celebrates diversity. All employees are expected to promote and act in a manner that ensures a non-discriminatory, open and sensitive approach to others from different backgrounds and cultures.
How to Apply
Please submit your full application by sending a motivation letter and an updated CV to
Dans le cadre de notre fort développement actuel, nous recherchons un(e) responsable achat ayant pour missions : · Elaborer avec rigueur le cahier des charges des fournisseurs selon les besoins….
# Whitecapeest à la recherche d’un futur collaborateur ! Nous recrutons un développeur #JAVA Rejoignez-nous 👉
Ingénieur QA Automation confirmé Dans le cadre de renforcement de notre équipe Mobelite Tunisie est à la recherche d’un ingénieur QA Auto confirmé pour un client international 🎯👉Mission : •…
On cherche pour la société Silver, basée Mnihla, un ingénieur qualité des cartes électroniques, avec une expérience minimale de 3 ans. Pour ceux qui sont sérieux et intéresses, envoyer…
La société HERMESS COMPOUNS, spécialisée dans le domaine de compoundage pour le comptes des industries de plasturgie, recrute 02 ingénieurs Recherche et Développement. Si vous êtes de formation ingénieur en…
la SOTUVER cherche a recruter un(e) ARCHIVISTE Exigence de l’emploi : – Diplôme Bac+3 en Archivage ou Gestion Documentaire avec une expérience minimum de 5 ans dans un poste…
Rejoignez notre équipe 🙂 Nous recherchons un(e) Responsable BIM – Chef de projet Description du poste: Dans le cadre de la réalisation des Etudes Techniques, Responsable BIM – Chef…
La société Tunisienne d’informatique pour l’ingénierie (ST2i) est à la recherche du profil suivant : Expert système
SOGEP recrute deux #ingénieurs structures – Jeune ingénieur titulaire d’un diplôme obtenu d’une école d’ingénieur (bac+5) promotion 2021 -vous avez réalisé votre Projet de Fin d’études en Bâtiment (…
CETA recrute, Veuillez me contacter si vous êtes intéressé: #offres #recrute #recrute #recrute Poste: Business Development Advisor Description : Vous participerez activement à la préparation des offres internationales en français…