Oxfam Tunis Office / is looking for
Oxfam Tunis Office
is looking for
a Partnership Development Officer
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can defeat poverty or any type of inequality or discrimination. We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development, and campaigning, in more than 90 countries. All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here.
Oxfam is looking for a
Partnership Development Officer
Deadline for application :
24 August 2020
- Organizational Unit:Country Office
- Duty Station: Tunis with frequent travel in and outside of Tunisia
- Type of Appointment:Fixed-Term Contract
- Type of Posting:National Posting
- Gross Monthly Salary Scale:Starting TND 3,846 Base salary (scale D1)
- Contract Duration:1 year
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Oxfam is implementing different projects related to Youth participation and employment, mainly focused on enhancing opportunities for decent jobs creation, sustainable private initiatives and youth led social enterprises. Reporting to the Program Manager, the Partnership Development Officer will be leading on developing and maintaining/improving strategic partnerships, building and managing strong collaborative networks across the organization with key staff as well as externally with public and private sector as well as CSOs, Think Tanks, research centers and all relevant stakeholders to support the program. The incumbent will be responsible in supporting organizational efforts (with influencing, communication, program, business development) in achieving the organizational objectives on operational partnership management with public and private sector as well as CSOs.
The position of Partnership Development Officer has three dimensions:
- 1. Transforming how Oxfam and partners thing and behave in partnership;
- 2. Transforming how Oxfam and partners operate in partnership through the programme cycle;
- 3. Contributing closely with Oxfam teams to ensure program and campaigns effectiveness and sustainability from development to evaluation and learning.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Transforming how Oxfam and partners think and behave in partnership
Building framework and tools:
- · Pull together, adapt and develop guidelines and practical ideas to help staff develop and to promote attitudes, behaviors, and procedures that will lead to effective partnerships, and make a reality of our six partnership principles.
- · Develop new/improve actual partners capacity assessment tools, jointly with office specialists, regarding :
- · Organizational development (5 core capabilities, organizational capacity assessment tool, CAP,…)
- · Gender (Gender commitment and capacity)
- · Influencing (Advocacy capacity assessment tool)
- · MEAL (MEAL Capacity assessment)
- · Support country office to complete the Partnership Strategy as part of the OCS.
- · Ensure new and existing programs staff are aware of the agreed Oxfam program policies (CAPAS), standards, available tools, practitioner networks, system for accessing support services on partnering, etc.
- · Link partners together for peer-to-peer learning and create collaborative Networks
Transforming how Oxfam and partners operate in partnership through the programme cycle
Project identification and design
- · Stakeholders mapping :
- · To ensure we have a clear picture and understanding of relevant stakeholders in our scope and/or geographical area of work who can influence (positively or negatively) the program / project
- · To identify potential partners or allies
- · Assessing Strategic fit between Oxfam and potential partner :
- · To assess the potential added value of a partnership for the 2 organizations and the strategic fit with Oxfam’s programs strategy.
- · Good Partnership Conversation
- · To ensure that Oxfam and partners have an open dialogue about how they would like the partnership to work in terms of attitudes and behaviors as well as practicalities and compliance.
- · Assessing Oxfam and partner capacity
- · To assess the capacity of Oxfam and the partner to manage/implement a project or initiative.
- · Work with the partner organizations on programme planning and design, and integrate their ideas and objectives into the Oxfam programme through direct implementation where appropriate, focusing on supporting partner ideas and strategies.
- · Set up a monitoring agreement with each partner, with a dual emphasis on compliance and risk management for funds and goods, as well as a monitoring plan to measure the impact of the capacity building programme on organizational capacity and ability to implement good quality programs.
- · Capacity building plan:
- · To identify, jointly with partners, the capacity building priorities and objectives of the capacity building, set the indicators and agree on the actions and resources;
- · Lead the development and the delivery of learning and capacity development activities for the partners in collaboration with Oxfam programme and support teams;
- · Ensure core partnership principles standards and code of conduct are incorporated in all capacity development initiatives.
Partnership capacity Self-Assessment for Oxfam staff
- · To assess the knowledge, attitude and practice of Oxfam staff related to partnership and working with partners. This includes assessing how far Oxfam staff is implementing Oxfam partnership policies, principles and minimum standards.
Partnership quality review – Oxfam and Partners relationship
- · To assess the quality of the partnership relationship between organizations using eight criteria based on Oxfam partnership principles and standards that will Lead to partnership improvement plan.
- · To assess accountability practices (jointly with the MEAL Officer and the program team) and identify what we can do to improve your project accountability;
- · Follow up and provide guidance on coaching and mentoring for partners on project management.
- · Support selected partners to carry out a self-capacity assessment, highlighting areas in need of support, and agree on a Capacity Development plan NGO/CSO, which may include training, mentoring, field trips, shadowing, exchange visits, Oxfam staff seconded into partner, etc;
- · Support project managers in exiting from partnership- which means, Support the Programme team in developing and communicating the exit strategies with partners to ensure sustainable impact.
- · Help partners to sustain their relationship with constituencies, people they work with and serve for; increasing partner organizations’ reputation (branding type of support);
- · Help with access to funding; access to wider networks.
Knowledge of languages
Working proficiency in English, French and Arabic are required.
A bachelor degree or higher qualification in international development, economics, politics, sociology or related field is desirable.
At least 2 years professional experience in building, managing and executing financial and non-financial partnerships with a non-profit organization or within the UN common system
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- • Ability to multitask, to manage conflicting priorities and own schedule to achieve the objectives of the programme
- • Capacity in identifying problems and providing solutions
- • Takes responsibility for own work and delegated projects or processes and contributes to development of cross departmental initiatives
- • Experience of working with National and/or Local partner organizations, and having an understanding of the challenges they face as well as a firm commitment and belief in the principle of working with partners
- • A proven understanding of Human Rights and Gender Justice principles and the ability to put them into practice
- • Ability to build strong, credible relationships with international and local NGOs, government entities and communities
- • Strong writing and presentation skills and capacity to synthesize high volumes of information into key messages and to various audiences
- • Good knowledge of program quality, MEAL and capacity building methodologies and approaches
- • Strong representational and networking skills
- • Commitment to Oxfam’s overall aims and policies and experience of promoting gender equity and diversity and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of Oxfam’s work
- • Proposal development skills and the ability to represent the organization to donors
- • Proactively assumes more responsibility in more difficult areas of work in agreement with management
- • Willingness to work after normal working hours or during weekends
If you are interested in this position, please use the ‘apply’ button. Your application must be received by 24 August 2020 at the latest. Please note that only applications received using the link provided can be taken into consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- · Self-Awareness
- · Vision Setting
- · Agility, complexity and ambiguity
- · Relationship building
- · Decisiveness
Oxfam aims to attract great talent that not only fits the job but also Oxfam’s high standard of values and principles, who shares and demonstrates Oxfam’s commitment to prevent and eradicate any type of misconduct including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any other type of misuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, and adults. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us. We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization. People of all gender identities, sexes, sexual orientations, races, colors, religions, cultures, abilities, etc. are eligible for this position. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
f you are interested / interested in this opportunity, please send your application through the following link and then « APPLY » no later than August 24, 2020. Note that this position is open internally and externally
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and that Oxfam never charges application fees on applications
Oxfam is an organization that promotes equal opportunities
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. This vacancy is posted both internally and externally at the same time, however with equal suitability, the internal candidate is preferred. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks, or integrity screenings/references relating to misconduct and disciplinary actions in prior employment.