IFES / recrute
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) is an international organization with an office in Tunisia that aims to strengthen the capacity of electoral institutions to administer credible local elections that reflect the will of the people; better inform youth and marginalized communities about local elections and decentralization; encourage youth civic engagement at the local level and; promote meaningful participation of all citizens in their political systems, including women, youth and other traditionally marginalized groups.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Deputy Country Director, the MEL Coordinator will lead the design, implementation, and management of M&E systems from project initiation to closeout. She/he will oversee the monitoring, evaluation, analytics, learning and reporting of performance and results, providing regular project reports to donors. She/he will provide technical mentoring of staff and implementation on data management on gender-related, youth-related and disability-related analysis, and ongoing training to IFES field staff and/or subgrantees. She/he will conduct regular project data analysis and identify methods to use results for program improvement. S/he will seek to strengthen monitoring and evaluation and performance reporting.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Coordinator’s primary responsibilities include:
- Assist the Country and Deputy Country Directors with development of the M&E Plan for the different projects, including indicator selection and definition, data collection methods, data collation, target setting, baseline, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/ performance monitoring plans.
- Establish monitoring and evaluation mechanisms and plans for each project in close cooperation with the MEASURE team in Washington DC
- Use the Dashboard developed by the MEASURE team to enter, track, measure and analyze performance indicator data in real time
- Review existing IFES/Tunisia M&E plans and provide recommendation for improvements
- Provide technical direction on M&E to ensure the project achieves its goals and corresponding objectives and targets
- Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures including routine data quality audits carried out during the project lifecycle
- Oversee the implementation of the various performance monitoring plans to capture project performance and results, including routine service delivery data reporting, baseline and end line assessments, and all monitoring for process and outcome evaluations
- Develop and oversee data flow pattern that will ensure timely data collection and reporting
- Lead results reporting by providing written documentation on M&E activities and indicator results for progress and quarterly reports, and infographics, as appropriate
- Lead efforts to utilize training monitoring systems to track and monitor trainers and participants at training events to facilitate follow-up and recordkeeping
- Conduct targeted evaluations and research, including design, data collection, management and analysis
- Ensure quality of data collected through periodic verification procedures including routine data quality audits
- Promote and support the dissemination of project results and information to key project stakeholders
- Work with program staff to prepare and track progress of project
- Work with IFES staff on data collection, collation, storage, analysis, and reporting, ensuring that data is of high quality and audit worthy.
- Responsible for supporting the preparation and review of program reports in collaboration with program staff.
- Manage research activities and ensure outcomes and lessons learned are integrated into the project and shared with relevant stakeholders.
- Provide training and mentoring to partners and staff to ensure the implementation of strong M&E systems.
- Act as point of contact for internal and external project evaluations and data quality assessments, providing evaluators with required data and M&E processes
- Work closely with the IFES communication associate to disseminate project results among donors, partners, field and DC team
- In line with adaptive management practices and in collaboration with MEASURE staff, hold periodic reflection sessions with IFES/Tunisia staff to review existing data against the program’s design and critical assumptions.
- Recommend any necessary changes to program activities
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, or related field. Minimum of three years of professional experience in a MEL position responsible for implementing MEL activities on international development projects. Experience in performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/ performance monitoring plans. Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies. Proven success in designing, implementing and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages. Full professional fluency in Excel Fluency in English, French and Arabic is required.
- Knowledge of and experience with working with the USG, in particular USAID. Demonstrated ability through previous experience with data quality assessments and oversight, developing and refining data collection tools and analyzing data, and managing and providing ongoing training to partners and/or subgrantees. Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages, including at least one of the following: SPSS, Epi-Info, Stata, MS Access Experience in planning and managing focus groups and gender-related analysis.