DIGNITY IS LOOKING FOR A COUNTRY DIRECTOR
A COUNTRY DIRECTOR
FOR OUR OFFICE IN TUNIS
Would you like to take on a key role in the fight against torture and the rehabilitation of survivors? And do you have relevant management experience from the field of human rights and development?
Then DIGNITY – Danish Institute Against Torture can offer you an exciting opportunity as Country Director for our office in Tunis.
We were founded in 1982 as one of the world’s first specialized torture rehabilitation centers. Today, we are a leading global player in research-based torture prevention and rehabilitation of trauma survivors worldwide. We work both politically and developmentally for a world free of torture.
DIGNITY has worked in the MENA region since 1994 and achieved significant results and growth in the last 10 years. DIGNITY’s Tunisia engagement was established in 2012 and supports projects within the rehabilitation of torture survivors and prevention of torture with partners such as the Ministry of Justice and the Tunisian League of Human Rights. The office also supports DIGNITY’s activities in other countries in the MENA region such as Morocco and Libya under a steadily growing partner portfolio and diversifying funding base. The office consists of 9 staff members.
The Country Director will secure DIGNITY’s leading position as an anti-torture organization supporting both state institutions and civil society actors in Tunisia. The Country Director will also be responsible for managing a growing portfolio of DIGNITY actions in other countries in North Africa, including Algeria, Libya and Morocco.
The Country Director will in line management refer to the Director of International Programmes, based in Copenhagen. Operationally there will be close coordination with the Senior Regional Manager for the MENA region, also based in Copenhagen, who oversees implementation of the full MENA programme portfolio.
As Director for our Tunis office you will:
- be DIGNITY’s highest representative in Tunisia and represent DIGNITY and conduct negotiations with current and potential partners as well as other stakeholders
- head the office and ensure timely implementation of DIGNITY’s vision and engagement in Tunisia, in line with a new 5-year strategy.
- mitigate and manage risks to safeguard DIGNITY and partners’ work, reputation and safety
- independently guide the implementation of the annual plan in Tunisia as well as oversee the full range of financial, administrative, operational and human resource management in the country operations
- support/advise and supervise partners in strategic planning, financial management and capacity building
- be in regular dialogue with donors and international organizations to coordinate and secure additional funding
- perform budgeting and accounting reviews and ensure that contractual obligations and donor policies and strategies are adhered to
- in coordination with the Senior Regional Manager in Copenhagen, design and implement strategies and projects in the other North African Countries.
You have in-depth understanding of Tunisia as well as the MENA region and you have a strong track record in promoting coordination between different parties, state and non-state.
We offer you:
- A chance to contribute to significant changes on the ground within Human Rights.
- A dynamic working environment with highly skilled and motivated staff in the country office and strong support and commitment from colleagues in Copenhagen.
- The opportunity to become part of an organization constantly striving to promote and implement cutting-edge knowledge and programmes within our field.
You have a master’s degree in a relevant field and documented relevant experience. We also emphasize that you:
- have excellent communication skills, orally and in writing, and an ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- have knowledge and experience of working on the promotion and protection of human rights with civil society organizations and preferably also with governmental institutions
- have experience in managing and supporting the development of local staff
- have a minimum of ten years of relevant experience from working with partners and networks internationally in development projects, preferably from the MENA region
- have highly developed financial management skills and are confident developing and managing budgets
- are fluent in French and English; Arabic and Danish will be considered as an asset.
- demonstrated ability to undertake high-level representation and advocacy
- have demonstrated success in developing fundraising proposals and securing funding from multi-lateral donors
- have a good sense of humor and an approachable style
Terms of employment
- The position is temporary and expires after 2 years.
- Expected start date is December 1, 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter.
- The position has reference to the Director of our department of International Programmes. Your place of employment will be at our country office in Tunis. Some travel activity must be expected.
- Your working hours are 37 hours per week.
- The employment will be negotiated on basis of qualifications and skills.
Further information regarding the position can be obtained by contacting the Director of International Programmes, Morten Olesen, on tel. +45 26 84 60 56, or by mail:
Application with CV and diploma should be sent via the link and must be received by DIGNITY no later than Sunday, October 18 2020.
We expect to hold interviews on October 22, 2020 and possibly also a second interview on October 27. The interviews will be held in English, and a second interview will include an assignment.
DIGNITY is a self-governing humanitarian, politically independent organization. DIGNITY rehabilitates traumatized refugees in Denmark, does international research in the field of torture and delivers targeted development cooperation with organizations and partners in more than twenty developing countries. You can read more about our organization and work at www.dignity.dk. DIGNITY regards diversity as a strength and therefore encourages everyone qualified to apply for the position regardless of ethnic background, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or age.
MAHARAT CENTER / recrute CDD
Importante Société opérant en Tunisie (Lac II ) dans le domaine des NTIC et l’Automatisme cherche les profils suivants : – Des Chefs de Projets Automatisme (+5 ans Experience…
AVS / recrute CDD
AVS recrute en urgence: Bibliothécaire Mission : – Gérer et à animer le CDI. – Proposer toute action permettant de dynamiser et enrichir le fonds documentaire et mettre en place…
un Groupe Agro-alimentaire / recrute CDD
Dans le cadre du renforcement de son équipe commerciale, un Groupe Agro-alimentaire recrute un responsable commercial gros (Poste basé au Grand Tunis). Rattaché au directeur commercial, vous aurez pour…
N3XT SEIDOR / recrute CDD
📢📢 Envie d’une nouvelle opportunité de carrière ? 📢📢 Nous renforçons notre équipe projet à Tunis par des consultants SAP HCM ayant un minimum de 3 ans d’expérience. Au-delà…
Offre d’emploi [Chargé de Ressources Humaines] CDD
Dans le cadre de son développement une entreprise leader dans son domaine recrute Chargé de Ressources Humaines (H/F) a TUNIS. DESCRIPTIF DU POSTE : – déploie la politique RH du…
AI diagnosis vision / recrute CDD
We are hiring! As a company aiming to merge the medical discipline with technology, AI Diagnosis vision is seeking to emerge a web development team to create a web portal…
Lovotech / recrute CDD
Lovotech Tunisie recrute. Plusieurs postes basés à Tunis, Compétences demandées : · Des développeurs : Java JEE , Spring , hibernate , Python , ElasticSearch · Des Data scientistes maitrisant…
Green Power Company / recrute CDD
Green Power Company recrute des commerciaux à Tozeur, Gafsa, Kasserine et Gabes Description de l’emploi Vous souhaitez contribuer à la réussite des agricoles dans votre région ? Envie de…
Armatis / recrute CDD
Nous recrutons actuellement pour les postes suivants sur note site à Tunis : -Chef de projet -Responsable de production/Ops Manager -Directeur de Prod Pour plus d’infos ou envoi de candidature
iress / recrute CDD
We are looking for an experienced Team Leader to drive a team of engineers across all phases of our software development process: development, maintenance and migrations, tests and 2nd…