Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue (HD) / recrute
HD has been working in North Africa since 2011. Its regional work primarily focuses on the conflict in Libya, with outreach and activities in other countries.
The successful candidate will contribute to HD’s mediation and dialogue processes in North Africa by supporting project management both administratively and substantively.
Her/his main responsibilities will include:
- Support the Project Manager in coordinating the day-to-day management of projects;
- Manage selected staff and oversee the work of project-related consultants;
- Contribute to the conceptualisation and formulation of meeting agendas; oversee production of meeting reports and mission notes;
- Draft project proposals and reports;
- Liaise closely with the Finance and Administration Co-ordinator on financial aspects related to the projects.
- Contribute to the strategy development process of HD’s projects in North Africa;
- Monitor the political situation in Algeria, Tunisia and Libya as well as developments relating to the conflicts, including their impact on HD’s projects;
- Undertake assessments and explore possible new initiatives; help identify, pursue and manage new mediation work in the region.
Representation, networking and outreach
- Maintain and strengthen links with related parties and partners, including donors, and liaise with high-level external parties;
- Represent and promote HD in different contexts to parties in the region and external audiences;
- Carry out periodic visit to the region; maintain a good working knowledge of the facts on the ground in order to engage with all stakeholders.
The successful candidate should have:
- A minimum of five years of experience in a related field, including conflict resolution, mediation, development or humanitarian issues;
- A solid understanding of project and grant management;
- Post-graduate study or equivalent experience in conflict resolution, international relations, development studies, international humanitarian law, gender, peace and security or other related fields;
- Knowledge of, and experience working in, the Middle East and North Africa region;
- Excellent analytical skills and political astuteness;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, and working-level French. Knowledge of Arabic would be an asset.
The successful candidate should:
- Be a flexible team player;
- Be able to work in a dynamic environment and in sensitive contexts;
- Possess strong organisational and excellent interpersonal skills.
If you are interested in this position and meet the criteria defined above, please send a complete file (CV, motivation letter, diplomas and work certificates) to the following address
by 8 March 2020.